From time to time PM4X4 will give away products or services by means of a competition where readers submit stories which are judged to select a winner who then receives a prize. The terms and conditions of these competitions are below.
Each competition will feature a page where the rules of the competition are described. This page is known as the Competition Page and will state:
- The general process of the competition;
- The closing date of the competition, referred to here as the “Closing Date”;
- The prize, referred to here as “The Prize”.
These terms and conditions are apply to all competitions on PM4X4 and are in addition to the page above.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– The Promoter is Practical Motoring (Australia), 1 Abbey Street, Leura NSW 2780.
– The competition is to submit a story as per the Competition Page. The stories will be judged by Practical Motoring staff and a Winner selected based on their editorial judgment alone. The Winner will be awarded a Prize.
– There is no minimum or maximum length for the story.
– Anyone eligible to enter the competition may do so and are known as Entrants.
– The story and any images must be original – the Entrant’s own work, and not previously published anywhere in print or on the Web.
– Stories must be submitted by the date specified on the Competition Page.
– The competition is open to Australian Entrants only.
– The winner will be notified via email one week after the closing date and their story published on Practical Motoring 4X4. Other entrants’ stories may be also published. There will be no payment for any story other than the winner receiving the Prize.
– Entry is open to residents of Australia except employees and contractors (and their families) of Practical Motoring and agents, the suppliers of the Prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
– The competition will be open from the Start Date until midnight on the Closing Date.
– The judging date for the competition will be the week after the Closing Date.
– The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
– Proof of identity and age may be required.
– Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
– All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
– Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
– No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
– The Prize is as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
– The Winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas or anything else required to use the Prize. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
– ThePpromoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from Entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
– In the event of a prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
– The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
– Unless stated otherwise all entries must be made on the relevant web page submission system.
– Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner(s). If the Winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges – the redraw will occur no earlier than one week after the competition winner is attempted to be contacted.
– Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
– The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
– In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.